If you’re here that means that you’ve mastered the following…
- You’ve gathered the essential sewing supplies
- You understand how important right angles are to protecting your back as you sew
- You know the parts of your sewing machine
- You know how to wind a bobbin and how to load a bobbin
- You know how to change your machine needle, how to thread your machine, and how to draw up the bobbin thread
- You know how to adjust stitch type, stitch length, and stitch width
- You know how to adjust sewing machine tension
- You know how to clean and care for your machine
- You know how to troubleshoot common problems
- And you have more than a basic understanding of fabric
We’ve come a long way, haven’t we?
But before we leap into practicing how to sew…
I want to encourage you to take as much time as you need to get comfortable with your sewing machine. After all, this is just the beginning of a long and passionate love affair.
And I promise you that if you don’t give up…
One day you will be the benevolent boss of your sewing machine and an expert dressmaker.
NOTE: If you’re ready to begin this journey and would like to buy my recommended tools and supplies, please click HERE!
Where to Begin…
First, sign-up and receive access to the practice sheets I’ve made just for you in your FREE Resources Library. All you have to do is sign-up, using the form at the bottom of this article or click HERE to sign up, and they’re yours!
If you’re ready to get friendly with your new best friend forever (BFF), then here are the first three posts I recommend you start with:
- How to Sew a Straight Line of Stitching!
- How to Sew (Pivot) Outside Corners
- How to Sew Concave & Convex Curves
And when you’ve mastered these skills, you can go on to mastering the other basic sewing skills listed HERE!
Sewing is fun.
Sewing is rewarding.
You can do it! Just take it one skill at a time.
And don’t give up! Ever.
Don’t forget to sign up for my weekly-ish emails, using the opt-in form at the end of this article or click HERE.
And you will get access to your FREE Resource Library. In there, you will find a download-able “Let’s Practice” PDF that contains practice sheets for mastering sewing straight lines, pivoting outside corners, and taking curves!
Life is the ultimate red carpet event. Dress for it!
RELATED: Click HERE to learn how to be the boss of your sewing machine!
RELATED: Click HERE to learn other basic sewing skills!